Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Algo Centre Mall roof collapsed

On Saturday June 23rd the Algo Centre Mall in Elliot Ontario roof collapsed leaving one person dead, possibly one alive and 12 unaccountable people. My grandmother was there one hour before it happen. She had to leave to go get her prescription that was changed from the Shoppers to the No fills away from the mall. I’m not one for praying but I truly do hope that some of the people who may be trapped under all that rubble are still alive. We do know for a fact one is dead. According to the news on Monday they heard tapping under some of the rubble before they stopped the rescue mission.  
I’m really hoping for good news to come out of this. I lived in Elliot Lake when I was child, I always visited my grandparents and the home that my grandmothers owns is the only thing that has been stable and stayed in my life for the 27 years. Elliot Lake was home away from home. It’s truly heartbreaking as I read these articles and write this blog, I can feel I’m on the verge of tears. I may not know the victims but I can definitely feel their pain, anxiousness and fear of what more is to come as they continue to search for the remaining persons and finally tear down that wretched mall that should have been destroyed years ago.
I hope everyone has a happy hump day.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that is some tough stuff, I hope they find more survivors! Just be thankful that you Gma is ok, stories like that always make me glad to be alive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The girl didn't make it, the one I was rooting for to come out alive since they heard Tapping under the rubble on Monday, but discontinued the search because of the unsafe atmosphere until they got the proper equiptment. I agree, definitely does make you look at your life and things around you especially when stuff like this happens so close to home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... I don't know what else to say. Prayers for all of those people. I don't even know which specific prayer to say since there are so many variables involved! Peace and protection. I guess that is all I can pray for!

    ReplyDelete