Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Cranberry-kiss tacos with feta cheese salsa.

Calorie intake: 1670
Exercise: 30 minutes of exercise 26 minutes of walking, 4 minutes of jogging LOL it’s a working progress…
I feel like I really need to step up my game now, competition mode just hit. I know we’ve been going at this for two weeks now but eliminations are coming up, who the hell wants to be eliminated…sure as hell not me just yet especially since I offered the challenge! My three pound loss was good, but I feel my binge later on Sunday may have ruined anything I had worked so hard to lose. Which is fine, water, water, water, strict calorie intake I should be down those three pounds and hopefully another 2 by Sunday?
Last night for dinner I made Cranberry-kiss taco’s with feta salsa (the original name was cherry- kiss but I didn’t have the cherry’s so instead I used some cranberries in the meat.) It was really good.
Makes 12, Calories: 207 per taco

1lb  Ground beef (reg, lean, lamb or pork)
1 cup finely chopped onion
1 tsp Curry powder (I didn’t use it, because I didn’t have any)
½ cup Mango Chuntey (I bought a jar of it)
½ cup Dried tart red cherries (I used  a couple of dried cranberries, cause I wasn’t sure how it was going to taste lol)
1tbsp Lemon juice
¼ tsp salt (didn’t use)
¼ tsp ground pepper

Taco Shells (I used tortilla bread instead)

Recipe feta cheese salsa: ¼ cup of feta cheese (I forget the kind I used but it was already crumpled and had seasoning in it) ¼ cup of finely diced onions, ½ cup of finely diced tomatoes, 1/3 cup of finely diced cucumbers add lemon juice and mix it up.

Directions: In a large Skillet cook the ground beef and onions until meat is cooked and the onions are tender. Drain off fat; Add your curry powder. Cook and stir for 1 minute.
Cut up any large piece of Chuntey (or if you bought the jar, use that) Stir Chuntey, cherries, lemon juice, salt and pepper into the meat mixture. Bring to boil; reduce heat, simmer, cover for 5 minutes.

Spoon meat mixture into taco shell and top it off with Feta cheese salsa.

Enjoy.
While I was at work I picked out two recipes I wanted to cook for dinner sometime this week and went shopping for them, actually I only ended up buying the stuff for Taco’s last night lol. I have food throughout my house and tonight I’m going to go through to see what I have and then plan my meals with the food I already have. I have 30 dollars for groceries next week so I’m trying not to spend it this week.
I plan on getting at least 3 30 minute workouts in a week. Monday, Wednesday and Friday once I get used to that I’ll bump it up. I have a habit of doing 5-6 and within 3 weeks of it, I stop working out and go into lazy mode so I’m going to just work on three days a week for now.
Biggest Loser teams, your inputs are needed if you wish to have a say on how eliminations will work, click the following link to see: http://biggestloserchallengeblog.blogspot.ca/
Happy rainy Tuesday….

3 comments:

  1. Cranberry-kiss tacos... I love that! lol it's almost sound so naughty LOL

    Thanks for sharing I'm definately gonna try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipe, they sound good. I freakin' love feta cheese! Good luck on the challenge - ou can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gertie, I know thats why it caught my attention haha.
    Sunnydaze, you're welcome.

    ReplyDelete